1 PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
There are various types of information Active Aligners collects whilst you use the Website and its related features. Some information collected identifies you directly and other information does not personally identify you. By using the Website, entering competitions, responding to questionnaires, making purchases and registering an account, Active Aligners collects personal information which information included, but is not limited to:
- Information relating to race, gender, marital status, age, physical and mental health and history, well-being, disability, religion, language, physical and employment address, identity number and employment status;
- Delivery address, email address, contact number, personal opinions and details of your medical service providers;
- Information about the computing equipment and software you make use of;
- Internet Protocol address, browsing habits, traffic data, click habits and other usage information using tracking technologies such as tracking beacons, cookies, flash cookies and the like;
- Certain information obtained from you may be that which relates to your health and medical information. In such circumstances, you acknowledge that it is obtained in order to assist in the provision of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services.
By the using the Website and its related features you consent to the processing of all information collected from you and disclosed by you, including special information.
2 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
There are various ways in which Active Aligners collects your personal information from you through the Website and related functionality including:
- Directly and voluntarily from you when you provide it to Active Aligners through filling in online forms, questionnaires, competitions, subscriptions, studies, surveys, reporting problems with the Website and when registering an account with Active Aligners.
- When you correspond with Active Aligners, through the Website, its social media accounts and via all other electronic means;
- When making purchases on the Active Aligners website;
3 SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Active Aligners is not in the business of selling personal information. The Personal Information collected from you and supplied by you is shared with a limited group of third parties including:
- Your licenced Active Aligners Approved Dental Professional
- All third parties including, but not limited to, Active Aligners employees, licenced dental technicians, related entities, dentists and orthodontists operating beyond the borders of the Republic of South Africa, affiliates, subcontractors and business associates involved in the provision, research and marketing of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services;
- Successors in title, assigns and affiliates of Active Aligners;
- Where required by law, subpoena or court order, Active Aligners may be required to disclose your personal information third parties.
4 WHAT ACTIVE ALIGNERS DOES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Active Aligners makes use of your personal information which you supply to us and which we collect about you in the following ways:
- In order to assist your provider and any third parties in the provision of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services;
- In order to comply with any law, subpoena or court order;
- In order to enforce the rights of Active Aligners (and its employees), Providers, Oral Hygienists, licenced dental technicians and all parties involved in the provision, research and marketing of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services;
- To verify your identity;
- For marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, inviting you to events, informing you of promotions, sending you updates and newsletters (you may unsubscribe from our newsletter). Such information may be transferred to any marketing agency Active Aligners makes use of;
- To provide the Website to you;
- To respond to queries;
- To notify you of changes or any other pertinent information;
- To improve services provided to you;
- To allow you to register an account and make online purchases;
- To analyse trends and statistics;
- To facilitate research and development in respect of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services.
5 PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Active Aligners will take all reasonable and appropriate measures to secure the Personal Information collected from and disclosed by you. We make use of inter alia anti-virus software, encryption technologies and password protected screen savers.
It is to be noted however, Active Aligners cannot guarantee complete safety of your Personal Information.
6 RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information which is collected from and provided by you is retained and maintained only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the objectives as enlisted in paragraph 4 (points 1 to 12 thereof) unless the retention of such information is permissible for a longer period by law.
7 MAINTENANCE AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We wish to maintain the accuracy of all Personal Information collected and obtained from you. We may request that you confirm and update your personal information from time to time. You are able to update certain information by editing it via your online account.
Furthermore, you are able to request the disclosure and/or destruction of your personal information in accordance with the relevant laws of the Republic of South Africa.
8 PROMOTIONAL USAGE
Your attention is drawn to the fact that by providing your information, creating an online account, subscribing to our newsletters, entering competitions and participating in questionnaires, you consent to receiving promotional and marketing information via email, SMS and telephonically. You are able to opt out of such communications at any time.
9 INTERNATIONAL DISCLOSURE
As stated above, your Personal Information may be disclosed internationally in order assist in the provision of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services. Such information is furthermore shared to such parties for the research and development purposes in respect of the aforesaid services and products.
Any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
10 CONTACT DETAILS
Active Aligners UK contact details are as follows:
3rd Floor, 207 Regent St
0207 307 5959