- Impression taking - Be it PVS impressions or intraoral scans, the foundation to a great Active Aligners outcome starts with a great patient impression (ensure the PVS and light-body material used has set properly and has at least 4mm of gingival extension beyond the gingival margin).
- Treatment planning - The patient is usually concerned with specific things about their smile. Your comments and requests to the treatment planners are important for your patient's final outcome.
- Aligner chewies - Patients don't understand how important that little coloured piece of squishy material in their aligner box really is. Chewies help firmly seat the aligners for best teeth tracking, especially when your patients move on to a new stage #LoveTheChewie.
Yes they are, we can't stress enough the importance of good impressions.
All leading intraoral scans are accepted. Digital scans must be submitted in STL format. STL is the open source standard. Check with your supplier that you scanner do full arch scans.
Find out more: www.dentalscanners.co.uk
A study from the University of Nevada compared the retentive strength of three trimming techniques.
The outcomes based on the techniques are impressive (full study here).
- For clear aligners without attachments, the 2mm cut from the gingival margin was about 2x as retentive as traditionally scalloped margin.
- For clear aligners with attachments, the 2mm trim line from the gingival margin was over 4x as retentive as the scalloped trim line.
- Comfortable for patients - The 2mm trim line offers a smooth contour and less risk of irritating the gingiva. This is more discreet as the edge of the Active Aligner should sit under the patient's lip profile.
The treatment plan, smile summary, and 3D video will be available to review on your platform within 3 business days. Always remember to submit quality control photos.
Once the treatment plan is approved by you, your patient's aligners will be shipped to you within 14 working days.
The recommended wear time for aligners is 22 hours each day for approximately 2 weeks per stage (when not using any other orthodontic acceleration device).
- If the patient has worn the lost set for less than 7 days - instruct them to temporarily use the previous set whilst the replacements are ordered. Replacement aligners are available for purchase and will ship within 3 business days after placing the order.
- If the patient has worn the lost set for at least 7 days - you might advise them to move onto the next set.
There is currently research going into accelerator devices that will allow patients to change aligners as soon as every week. Stay tuned - we're currently looking for an accelerator partner with a research-backed device.
These can be swapped in the software. Please follow your scanner-specific software instructions to perform this.
This means that the case has been treatment planned and is ready for review
- Click on 'Actions' in the top right-hand corner
- Click on 'Review Case'
- Click on 'Actions'
- Patient Link and then Generate Link
- You can now copy the viewer link and access code
Our standard turnaround time is 14 working days from case approval. Please ensure you complete the lab slip as soon as the case is approved to avoid any delays.
At first try-in the aligners may be more difficult to seat. Ensure adequate pressure is being placed on the aligner. The included aligner chewies will help to seat the aligner. If this does not resolve the issue, take clinical photos of the problem area and send these along with a full description of the issue to email@example.com
We do not offer an express service at this time
Contact us for a replacement. It is advisable to consider retaining the patient's dentition with the previous set of aligners whilst a replacement is provided.