WHAT CAN CLEAR ALIGNERS
DO FOR YOUR PRACTICE?
What are clear aligners?
Clear aligners have been developed to specifically align teeth in a predictable, smooth and comfortable manner. Instead of metal brackets, wires or screws, patients will be wearing clear, customised trays to achieve their desired results.
Active Aligners work on basic orthodontic principles. They are used to correct crooked teeth, gaps or rotation, while delivering the desired results in an organised and planned fashion.
During treatment, the patient wears a series of aligners, each for 22 hours a day, 1 to 2 weeks at a time (one stage), in order to move their teeth stage by stage until their optimal teeth alignment has been reached.
Often Active Aligners are referred to as clear braces or invisible braces as they are made from transparent plastic that is FDA approved. This means that patients will be able to wear them without other people noticing.
What are the benefits of clear aligners?
Apart from treating various forms of malocclusion, clear aligners offer patients the following benefits:
- Clear and virtually invisible
- Entirely removable
- Comfortable to wear
- Predictable and effective outcomes
- Affordable alternative to traditional braces
- Relatively fast treatment times (6-8 month average treatment length)
How do I integrate clear aligners in my practice?
Clear aligners offer an amazing opportunity to build your practice and help your patients in ways that were previously inaccessible. Once you are confident in treating patients with clear aligners, and have signed up with a leading clear aligner brand (we quite like Active Aligners!), you need to consider how you will promote the service.
The best way to inform your patients about clear aligners is to make use of simple marketing materials available to you, for example:
- Pull-up banners
- Informational pamphlets
- Videos on practice screens
- Practice web page for clear aligners
- Presence on social media
Once you have incorporated the above, you can then elevate your practice by:
- Talking to your patients about clear aligners and presenting them as a viable option for treating their smile
- Elaborating on the benefits of correcting malocclusions
- Displaying patient results and testimonials in your practice and on social media
- Updating your website to show current/potential patients that you are a clear aligner provider, while clearly explaining what they can do for them
- Running promotions and giveaways on clear aligner treatments
- Sending monthly newsletters that mention some of the cases you have successfully treated with clear aligners
Please remember that you do not have to treat every case that walks in through your door.
Select easy cases to start with to give your patients the gift of their future smiles in a safe and predictable manner.